A very special guest joins Alex and Pablo in this episode of Code && Beyond. José Doval (Pepe) could be best described as a chess player and teacher who writes code for a living, two passions that have a lot more in common than one would think.
Where do coding and chess intersect? From machines that play chess to how chess skills can be applied in software engineering, this is an eye-opening discussion that you won’t want to miss.
- Pepe Doval on Twitter, https://twitter.com/pepellou
- Pepe Doval on Twitch, https://www.twitch.tv/pepellou
- Pepe Doval on GitHub, https://github.com/pepellou
- “How Life Imitates Chess” (book)
- AlphaZero is a computer program developed by artificial intelligence research company DeepMind to master the games of chess, shogi and go.
- MuZero is a computer program developed by artificial intelligence research company DeepMind to master games without knowing their rules.
- Correspondence chess is chess played by various forms of long-distance correspondence, traditionally through the postal system.
Music by Twisterium from Pixabay.